Sigh....another title that would be appropriate would be "Numb".
My sister's funeral was on Tuesday, September 30th. I didn't cry. I think I was truly numb at that point. Trying to be the strong one for my parents, my other sister, my nieces and nephews...And even now, it's too overwhelming to really go into detail.
On Thursday, October 2nd, I was at my folks', helping my mom write thank you cards to everyone who sent flowers, etc....when my mom got an intense headache. I took her blood pressure and it was 230/200. My father and I rushed her to the hospital where they did a CAT scan and then flew her via lifeflight to a bigger hospital. A blood vessel ruptured in her brain. The neurosurgeon told us that it was inoperable and that there was nothing they could do. If she survived the next 72 hours, she may have a chance at survival. But at what cost? What would be the outcome?
She's still on life support, and so far, there has been no change. The doctors are hopeful that when the swelling goes down, she will make a good recovery. But only time will tell.
My father and I have been at the hospital 12 hours a day, waiting for the few minutes we get to spend with her every 3 or 4 hours.
I am hanging on by a thread....my dad is like a rock, but I worry so much about him. He's 65 years old.....he's no spring chicken. I've been off work all last week and this week and not sure if I'm going to go back next week.
I can't even begin to talk about Joe and our visit....I can only handle so much at a time. That's a story for another time.
If you pray, chant, dance naked under a full moon, please do so for my mom. And my dad.
We need all the help we can get.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't even no what to say other than I am *so* sorry that you are having to go through this.
(((hugs)))
I don't even no what to say other than I am *so* sorry that you are having to go through this.
(((hugs)))
My thoughts are with your family. So much going on.
I want to tell you we had a nurse in our ER who had an aneurysm burst. She actually stopped breathing on us, and like your mother, they flew her away. She ended up having surgery and being bedridden for two months, but is now fully recovered, other than a few word recall issues.
She is working again, and we are all very grateful. It was a long process, and I feel so bad that you have to go through it during this already rough time. I hope like our friend she makes a full recovery, with all my heart!
Post a Comment