Friday, October 24, 2008
Exhaustion and Confusion
I'm exhausted. Truly, bone deep, exhausted. Driving every day an hour each way to see my mom, and then dealing with my own emotions on top of hers, I'm just spent. I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me another week off work. Thankfully! Now that the adrenaline of the crisis has passed, I have no energy left.
On the bright side, mom is doing better. She is walking better, talking better, and should be coming home on Halloween. She still has no peripheral vision, short term memory or reading comprehension, but there is always a chance that could come back. Fingers crossed, people!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No words of advice, but I really do hope things sort themselves out for the best.
I'm glad that your Mom is doing better.
I'm glad that your mother has improved. What a relief that must be!
You shouldn't ever change who you are for another person. If they love you, they should love you for you, just as you should love them for who they are. You have to love yourself, too.
The timing of everything sucked. Is it fair to blame him for things he couldn't help, though? Still, at such an overwhelming, frightening time, how nice it would have been to have someone to lean on and tell you that everything was going to be alright. I'm sorry that you didn't have the support that you should have had. :0(
*hug*
Post a Comment