Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sigh....

It was too good to last. Joe has been out on mission for the past three weeks and we have only been able to chat online about every three days. Yesterday was the first time I chatted with him in five days. It was official, I was worried as hell. You get so spoiled and then when reality sets in, it really sucks. The good news...only 36 more days until he is home. The I will have three uninterrupted days with him.

I'm scared! It's been four years. We've both changed. I don't want to have any expectations, but honestly I do....and I don't want to be disappointed. And I don't want him to be disappointed either.
My friend, Carol, has a fiance' in the Navy and he's home from Afghanistan right now. She says the hardest part when they first come home from war is their adjustment to sleeping with someone in the bed. She says he has a hard time sleeping with her for the first few days....tossing and turning, freaking out if she touches him in the night. This makes perfect sense to me and I worry that with the little bit of time Joe and I have together will be rough at night. We'll see.

On to a lighter subject....I bought a new camera! My first professional grade Digital SLR camera! I am the proud new owner of a Sony Alpha 200 DSLR(10.2 megapixels!) camera with changeable lenses! I even have a zoom lens. LOVE IT! Of course, it's so much more complicated than my Olympus fe-120 6 mp. Camera. It's going to take me months to figure it out.

This past weekend I was invited to my niece's Princess Tea Party. Lilah is five and she and the other little girls were dressed up like princesses. My sister was the Wicked Stepmother, my brother in law was the Handsome Prince, my mother was the fairy Godmother. Everyone was in costume and I was the photographer. So here are a few photos taken with my new camera!





This is Lilah....taking her princessly duties very seriously.


Here's Mallory, Skylee, Lilah, and Bryn....(secretly, they act more like the four horsemen than four princesses, but they really are adorable!)


Holding Court!


Such a cutie-patootie!



I will post more pictures later....am still practicing!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

Aravis said...

I'd never thought of the sleeping problem before, but you're right, it makes sense.

You and Joe are in my thoughts. The two of you may feel awkward at first, but you'll find your way. Together.

Jacinda said...

Good luck when Joe comes home. There may be a few awkward moments...there will be so many more wonderful moments to make up for the pauses.